Course code: TECH-040 Boeing Structural Repair Manuals (SRM)
Course duration: 3 Days
Introduction: This course content is derived from and in accordance with the following document:
- SRM Boeing 737-777 (SRM Manual rading for a specific Aircraft OEM type on request at EFC )
The Aircraft Structural Repair Manual (SRM) is compiled in accordance with the ATA (Air Transport Association). This was done to clarify specific instructions in order to perform correct repairs on aircraft.
The SRM contains material data, allowed criteria concerning structural damage and images of the most common repairs.
Every aircraft manufacturer OEM, issues its own SRM for each type of aircraft and its produces. This course participants will learn how to use the SRM and understand its ATA-100 setup information structure so that their search for repair rules will be swift and correct.Description:
This course prepares the participant to find/design repairs within the limits of the Structural Repair Manual (SRM). The course includes repair case studies that require the participant to determine allowable damage and its limits, part identification, and detail and composites and metallic repair options.Advised Pre-requisites
Read, write and understand technical English and understanding of composites as written in the SAE- AIR-4938 Composite Glossery
This course is intended for aircraft personnel of technical departments, such as repair technicians, certifiyng staff part 145, quality inspectors and engineers.
Number of participants: Minimum required 4 and Maximum 16 per course*.
* Courses will be confirmed as running by EFC as soon as sufficient applications are received!
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to use the SRM to:
- Identify specific airplane parts and locations.
- Find allowable damage limits in the specific SRM.
- Identify types of damage that can be repaired using the SRM.
- Identify the differences between repair types.
- Find repairs for specific damage exercises.
- Find Wet Lay-up Reapir process
- Structural Repair Manual (SRM) Format
- General Data (ATA-100 SRM Chapter 51)
- Airplane Reference, LEPs and abbreviations
- Structural Damage Tolerance Classification
- Structural Repair Definitions
- Definitions of Terms
- Standard Processes and Procedures
- Protective Treatment of Materials
- Sealant Usage
- General Repairs
- Damage Evaluation
- Airplane Part Identification and Location
- Allowable Damage Limits
- Post reapir and Inspection Methods
- Repair Design
- Case Studies of different composite and matallic repairs
- Multiple choice questions from each of the teachings Level 1-2
- Successful completion is 75% correct answers
- The examination will be open book and will excist repair cases out of the SRM
- On request and can be conducted by a Part 147 approved Examiner
- All certifcates and grades will be recorded in the participant individual training records and kept on record at EFC for unlimited time (compliant with Reference EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014)
This training course can also be tailored made to meet your specific needs in OEM Aircraft types
This course can also be held at our facility in, Bicester, UK . Course dates for the UK are not limited to our upcoming training schedule. Please do not hasitate to contact us for your specific request finding the convinient course date at any time.
Minimum participants in the UK: 4 and max. 16. See our upcoming course schedule
Request for 'On-Site' Training
This course can also be given 'On-Site' on request for training at your company under our "Terms & Conditions".
We can offer you prices per group for this course. Please do contact us at the above email address when you have a group to attend or other information needed.
Contact our purchasing manager Rolf Hovener via mail at; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for course dates on request.
All listed course prices are Excl VAT. (Dutch VAT is 21%). EFC complies with Dutch tax laws. On request, companies can be sent an invoice instead of paying direct on-line with PayPal, IDEAL or credit card.