Skill assessment for composite technicians
Course duration: 1 day
Earth & Flight Composites (EFC) skill assessment days for composites technicians, MRO certifying stafff and quality control, as we already have done for our clients in Aviation MRO, Europe, has been proven to be very successful and cost saving for our clients.
The assessment is set-up to verify if a candidate/contractor meets the requirements set by your company or your clients company if they applicant are skilled and motivated to a job in the composite industry.
The assessment of composite (repair) technicians is a complicated process due to the required knowledge to perform the job. To asses, the assessor need a very high level of knowledge on the subject of composites.
In a CV or resume claims are easily made. Just through talking with an applicant we can assess their level of knowledge but not there level of skill.
A good composite technician has well developed motor skill in grinding techniques (scarfing, stepping and trimming) with several types of grinding tools.
- There has to be a high ability to work independently, 3d repair design thinking and an ability to transfer this information to others.
- The abiility to work according to Safety regulations wich will vbe monitored throughtout the practical
- The ability to read technical layup drawings and technical documentation and implement it to do a repair. This requires strong analytically skills, to be detail-oriented, flexibility, good organisational skill and a passion for the job.
Not everybody will meet these requirements. Invest in the wrong people and you will get a raw deal.
Failed part, products or repairs, badly performed job, reputation damage, waist of time and the wrong person for the job!
To assess each candidate you are thinking of hiring we can save your agency /company money from hiring the wrong person for the Job.
The EFC skill assessment is meant for (recruiter) companies Human Recourse departments in the composite industry such as:
- Avaition MRO maintenance centers,
- Defence composite repair
- Marine fabrication
- Recruiter companies in employment of composites technicians who want evaluate their candidates skills prior of hiring them or sign them in for short or long term contracts for clients.
- Automotive (F1)
The TECH-001 course is an advised prerequisite for the TECH-030 Aircraft Interior Repair course.
Newly to be hired candidates for Composite related jobs Companies in the Composite related Industry.
Number of participants
Maximum 6 per assessment
The assessment of one candidate is possible.
Assessment of candidates of their theoretical knowledge and practical Hands-On skills necessary to carry out the job can vary and be as follows:
The assessment candidate:
- Can perform his skills according to the required job he or she applied for
- Is given a written test to assess his or hers general knowledge in composites according to the job
- Must be able to work independently without supervision during the assessment
- Can work according to Safety regulations and recognize hazardous situations & materials
- Knows material properties and is familiar with “Handling & Storage” off (frozen) materials during the assessment if needed for the job
- Can work according to technical drawings
- Must be able to understand and read TECHNICAL englisch as written in Technical date sheets , manuals and Safety material data sheet
Content theoretical exam
- A written test is costomized to the aquired job and skills needed, to verify the cadidates general knowledge level and work experience as noted in their CV/Resume.The theoretical assessment is done prior to the Hands-On as follows:
- Multiple choice questions depending of the job required category are to be answered if known by the candidate. No gambling of answers.
Workshop exercises (Level 1-3)
Candidates will be intensively monitored by the examiner/instructor while working with composite related materials for his job requirement.
- Multiple choice questions from each of the teachings Level 2-3
- Successful completion is 75% correct answers
- The examination will be closed book and can be conducted by a Part 147 approved Examiner
- The practical mark will be the average of all marks gained from the practical exercises
Assessment activities are built into our courses, to give feedback on the achievement and personal potential and kept record in a personal logbook per student.
- All grades will be recorded in the participant individual training records and kept on record at EFC for unlimited time (compliant with Reference EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014)
- A certifcate of accomplishment is handed out to each participant.
Candidate knowledge and skils assessment written report
For each candidate a knowledge and skill report is written by the EFC examiner/instructor and will be sent to you as a customer including our recommendations and possible additional training.
Request for running this course anytime
This course can be requested when required and is not limited to the up coming course dates shown on this website.
Please do contact us as shown below.
Request for ‘Onsite’ assessment
A request for an onsite assessment at your company is posible if your company has a composite related workshop where we can assess the applicants practical skills. It will safe your company money.
The assessment can also be held at one of our facilities in the Netherlands and England/UK
For information & requirements, contact our business & purchasing manager Rolf Hovener via his personal page.
Note for companies only:
- If required, our Training courses can be tailored made to meet your specific needs.
- Course dates as noted on our course schedule can be adjusted on request to meet your required starting date.
- If you have a requirement for this, please contact our business development manager, Rolf Hovener, via his personal page.
All listed course prices are Excl VAT. (Dutch VAT is 21%). EFC complies with Dutch tax laws. On request, companies can be sent an invoice instead of paying direct On-line with PayPal, IDEAL or credit card.
|Cost for this course: 525,00 EUR|