Vacuum Resin Infusion Processing VIP
The Basic Resin Infusion Processing (VIP) course is a course suitable for:
- technicians who work in Marine/Boating environment who wants to become professional
- a beginner who wants to become professional
- anyone who wants to gain a theoretical understanding and practical experience in making high-quality composite parts with the vacuum infusion process.
This course will examine all the aspects of the process including the main theoretical principles, a detailed description of the technology, product selection, demonstrations and hands-on exercises. Our training demonstrates how to effectively employ infusion materials in the resin infusion process.
Day(-s): 5 / Tech code: TECH-150
Some experience with composite materials would benefit you in this course.
This course is developed for anyone, technician, engineer, college students, who want to learn about the basic principles of resin infusion.
Resin Infusion is a process by which vacuum draws resin into dry fibers.
Minimum required 3 and maximum 12 per course*.
* Courses will be confirmed as running by EFC as soon as sufficient applications are received!
At the end of this Hands-on Resin Infusion course the participants:
- Must be able to work in groups of two with minimum supervision
- Must be attentive to details
- Will be able to calculate the amount of resin to use in accordance with Darcy LawOEM manual of the specific type of aircraft
- Can install single and multipoint entry feeds
- Can make choices of infusion mesh types and install it properly
- Can install a permeable membranes
- Knows how to place peel plies with cut-outs
- Know how to use degassing chamber and degassing of mixed resin
- Knows how to use resin catch pots
- Knows how to place resin feeds, manifolds
- Can perform leak checks
- Can work according to Safety regulations and can recognize hazardous materials
- Knows commonly used acronyms for different processes
- Know all core materials used
The following topics will be discussed in the course:
- Health and Safety (MSDS)
- Advantages and disadvantages of Vacuum Resin Infusion (VIP) techniques
- Selection of fibres, resin and other materials
- Darcy's law
- Volume calculation of resin content needed for infusion
- Equipment selection
- Resin flow characteristics and tool temperatures
- Identification of parts suitable for resin infusion
- Preparation of tooling and material layup
- Permeable membranes
- Resin entry feed positioning
- Singel and multi-point entry resin feeds
- Degassing chambers and Resin traps
- Choice and positioning of infusion mesh
- Tube cutters
- Tube flow mesh and connectors
- Infusion core materials
- Singel and double Vacuum bags
- Process set-up, use of reusable bagging
- Curing & Post Curing
- Trimming and finishing
- Post-manufacture equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Waste resin disposal issues
The following exercises will be trained in the course:
- Tool preparation and mould release application
- Fibre-pack lay-up / preform fabrication
- Placing fibers fabrics in moulds
- Installation flow media and vacuum
- Calculate resin amount and mix ratios according to datasheets
- The position of Singel and multi-point entry resin feeds
- Infusion fabricating different sheets and curved sandwich panel shapes
- Monitoring the infusion
- Curing infused panels and parts
- Post Curing parts
The duration of this TECH-150 Resin (Basic) Infusion course is 5 days.
It is widely known that it takes 2 to 4 weeks to train an average technician to a level where he/she has production ready skills to infuse parts.
- Multiple choice questions from each of the teachings Level 1-2
- Successful completion is 75% correct answers
- The examination will be closed book and can be conducted by a Part 147 approved Examiner upon request
- The practical mark will be the average of all marks gained from the practical exercises
- All grades will be recorded in the participant individual training records and kept on record at EFC for unlimited time (compliant with Reference EASA Commission Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014) and the GDPR rules
- A certificate of accomplishment is handed out to each participant
- Assessment activities are built into our courses, to give feedback on the achievement and personal potential and kept a record in their personal logbook.
- The final outcome of the participant's Examination, assessment document and logbook per student will be digitally sent to your company responsible manager or HR department.
- We also comply with the European GDPR rules as effective on May 25th, 2018 concerning storage of private information of participants who attended our courses.
Note for companies only:
If required, our Training courses can be tailored made to meet your specific needs.
Course dates as noted on our course schedule can be adjusted on request to meet your required starting date.
If you have a requirement for this, please contact our business development manager, Rolf Hovener, via his personal page.
For your company to benefit, this course can be held ‘On-Site’ at your facility under certain conditions.
Click on this link to the Onsite information webpage!
Courses as noted on our course schedule page can be run on request to meet your required start and end date.
All listed course prices are Excl VAT. (Dutch VAT is 21%). EFC complies with Dutch tax laws. On request, companies can be sent an invoice instead of paying direct On-line with PayPal, IDEAL or credit card.
Payment is securely arranged via Mollie.nl . More information can be found on the website of Mollie.