The B- Aluminium tap hammer is used to detect delamination (separation of plies) and dis-bonds from the core in advanced composite structures.
This tap Hammer is a must have, for Composite Repair Technicians, Composites certifying staff Composite engineers and Quality inspectors to perform a correct damage assessment in thin laminates and metal bonded parts!
It is fabricated to OEM standard drawings and sizes and anodized for a better protection of the material. The material used is Alum type EN_AW_ 6082-T6
let us know if you want to order the B-tap hammer in larger quantities and ask us for a quotation
Coming soon; A tap-hammer lanyard with a B-tap-hammer plastic klick-in holder
Tap test inspection method:
- Scan increment should be no greater than one third the allowable damage limit size
- The difference in thickness can cause the tap sound to change
- On large parts draw lines on the surface to make sure the inspection area is fully examined
- Taps hammer testing is not reliable on face sheets with more than 3 plies but tap testing is allowed to determine the extent of lightning strike damage on any thickness composite structure
- The tapping action must be controlled so that the surface of the component is struck using a light but firm action
- In areas where there is no delamination or de-(dis)bonding, tapping the surface of the component will produce a clear sound
- In areas containing delamination or de-(dis)bonding, tapping of the component will produce a dull sound
- NDI inspectors and (certifying)Technicians performing tap testing are advised to do a hearing test.